The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate (RM) –Structured Finance & Equity Division, at its headquarters in Luxembourg for Credit/Investment Risk Officers – Project Finance or Equity/Quasi-Equity
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate (RM) –Structured Finance & Equity Division, at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Credit/Investment Risk Officers – Project Finance or Equity/Quasi-Equity
This publication is for two full time positions at grade 4/5
The term of the contracts will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for the last week in June/first week in July 2019
To provide independent credit opinions on new Project Finance/Structured Debt, or Equity/Quasi-Equity transactions, as well as on post-signature events for existing transactions including restructuring proposals, in accordance with the Bank’s credit and equity risk guidelines, in order to maintain the credit quality of EIB’s portfolio
The Division comprises two Units, one focusing on Project Finance/Structured Debt transactions, and the other on Equity/Quasi-Equity deals. You will be assigned to one of the two Units, on the basis of your experience.
Reporting to the relevant Head of Unit and Head of Division, you will work autonomously, and in parallel, on a variety of transactions across a broad range of sectors and geographies. You will cooperate closely with colleagues within your team, and will have extensive contact with colleagues across Risk Management, as well as in other EIB Directorates, in particular in Front Office Lending, Legal and Transaction Management & Restructuring.
- Assess the credit/investment risk of proposed transactions, prepare credit opinions and recommendations, and determine associated risk ratings and pricing (where applicable)
- Deal with credit/investment issues and risk-related inquiries from other EIB Departments, and provide solutions
- Comment on contractual documentation from a credit standpoint
- Give second opinions on key post signature events including restructurings
- Make proposals to contribute to the evolution of the Bank’s credit and equity risk policies and the development of relevant internal rating methodologies, policies, procedures and working tools.
- University degree, preferably in /Finance or a business related field. Post-graduate education in a related subject would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in Project Finance or Equity, preferably gained in a bank/financial institution, rating agency, or advisory firm
- Exposure to multiple geographies would be an asset
- Ability to analyse complex financing proposals and propose solutions
- Knowledge of standard computer tools.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French, with a good command of the other (*). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
The level of functions in the job vacancy is only indicative and will be adjusted taking into account, among other things, the business need, as well as the selected candidate’s experience and expertise
Apply online via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for applications: 28th May 2019
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.